My Word Word for 2022 is praise. I want to focus on praising God every day, for God is worthy of my praise every day.
Praise is defined as “to honor, worship, and express admiration to God.” It also means “an expression of respect and worship to God.
God deserves our praise, and He desires our praise for many reasons. Here are a few.
- He is the Creator. “They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.” Romans 1:25
- He is faithful. “Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago.” Isaiah 25:1
- He does mighty works. “Remember to extol his work, which people have praised in song.” Job 36:24
- He blesses us. “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.” Ephesians 3:1
- He provided for our salvation. “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.” 1 Peter 1:3
- He has compassion on us. “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.” 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
As you focus on the many ways that God has blessed you and continuous to bless you, I hope that you will find that praise comes naturally and easily. May your goal be, as Paul’s was to “continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.” Hebrews 13: 15 -16